Thursday 18 September 2014

Start a Plan

For those of you who I sharpen for or for anyone interested in obtaining my services, why not start a Sharpening Plan.

The purpose of the plan is to help you keep your knives sharp, if you are going to take the time and care to have them sharpened, why not keep them that way?



It is pretty simple, you tell me which plan you would like to follow and I will keep you informed as to when you should bring the knives in again.

The Plan starts with the least aggressive and least effective means to have your knives sharpened using any type of schedule to the most aggressive/effective plan.


PLAN:                    SHARPENING SCHEDULE:

BRONZE                                ANNUAL

SILVER                                  EVERY SIX MONTHS

GOLD                                    EVERY FOUR MONTHS

PLATINUM                           EVERY THREE MONTHS

EXECUTIVE                         MONTHLY


Choosing the Executive Plan would include a 15% discount.

Your plan should be based around your sharpening needs, if used daily, a sharpened/new knife will be dull in three months, still usable of course but it will not feel the same as it did when freshly sharpened.

The edge retention period of course depends a lot on the knife itself, the Steel, the harder the steel the longer it can hold it's edge but even the hardest knives, (61+) get dull in a few months.


If I were starting out, I would choose the Gold plan and see how it works for you. We could set it up that I contact you a week out and you go from there. Contact could be a simple email reminder, I don't plan on calling anyone and hassling them, its' up to you.


Paderno in Bayer's Lake is going to have a Sharpening Plan in place, I'm developing it. All stores that sell good knives should have one, at the very least they should be mentioning one, not just pushing you out the door with the fancy knife. HOWEVER, in their defence, I do know that it could come across as just another money grab when they start talking about a Sharpening Plan but he Plan is free, it is simply to remind you that your knives are dull, get them in for a sharpening.

Ask me about it next time. I'm always open to suggestions as well.

If I had an individual who selected a Gold plan for example, I would throw some free sharpening in there, I would reward individuals who take care of their knives.

Peter Nowlan
902 225 0579


No comments:

Post a Comment