Thursday 23 October 2014

Before and After - KONOSUKE HD DREAM KNIFE

Today is my lucky day, I received my dream knife in the mail to repair and sharpen.


This is what the edge looked like when I received it.



BEFORE



Here it is after some time, surprisingly little, about 10 minutes or so on the Nubatama 150 Japanese Water Stone purchased from Ken Schwartz  ("Father Sharp"..more on Ken soon)



AFTER





What surprised me about the knife is that even in this condition, i.e. nicked along the length of the blade, not just the three bad spots up front, was that it was still sharper than many new knives I have seen. GEEBUS this knife is cool. Work was done by hands........my hands




After the repair work however, the knife was quite dull, the edge was basically gone so I had to start from scratch........cool and I had a plan.

Progression was: Nubatama 150, Shapton Glass 220 and 320, Naniwa Chosera 1k, 3k & 5k and finally the 8K Kityama.

This is one hell of a knife.




Today is my unlucky day.........I have to send this back to the owner.

No comments:

Post a Comment