Sunday 5 October 2014

The ultimate axe - cleaver of orcs.

Gransfors Brux 

Today I received a very very cool axe to sharpen. I had not heard of these before but I have looked into it since.  This is a Gransfors Brux carving axe, it is a single beveled axe and absolutely beautiful.

They are made in Sweden and from what I have read, probably in the top 5 axes  made, but I'm guessing at that. It comes with a fantastic edge when new. This one had a bad chip in it and wasn't as sharp as it should be. It took me 90 minutes to get to a level where I was able to shave arm hair with it (thats gross eh, I cleaned the axe after though).

This is finished on the 8k Kityama


As I received it, notice the nick.


I painted the edge before sharpening it with a Sharpie

Naniwa Chosera 3K finish


Gransfors Brux carving axe

No comments:

Post a Comment