Wednesday 14 January 2015

Coarse Stone - Video


Hi everyone, I hope you enjoy this little demonstration of me sharpening on a Naniwa Chosera 400.

I hope the video illustrates my technique which is basically to make full use of this stone and all stones actually. I do this by treating the stone as three different stones with the the differences coming as a result in adjustments to pressure.

Heavy Coarse - Moderate to heavy pressure
Medium Coarse - Light pressure
Light Coarse - No pressure, just weight of the blade. 
All on the one stone.

I do the same with higher grit stones but I start with less pressure. The first exposure of the knife I am sharpening to the coarse stone will always involve the most pressure, I am going for Burr here so it is me and the stone working together to remove the fatigued metal and get the knife sharp.

Thanks for watching, if you are here to pick the video apart, thanks for watching.
My goal is simply to share what I love to do with folks who may or may not get something from it.

Peter

2 comments:

  1. I am really inspired from your blog hoping you will be there with more interesting post like this.



    Knife Sharpener

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, thank you very much, not many folks leave a comment. I truly appreciate it.

    Kind Regards
    Peter Nowlan

    ReplyDelete