Saturday 9 May 2015

Hang in There

Hi,
I have been working on my next video which will be on knife edge maintenance.
Instead of just putting something together quickly I have been talking to several chefs and folks in the know from different parts of the world. People that I have a lot of respect for and people who have taught me some new things about the subject.

I also need to write up the script which I have almost done so bear with me.  Another thing I did was get myself a good ceramic hone, I've owned several but ended up either selling them or giving them away so I went to my fav online Canadian knife place, Paul's Finest and ordered an Idahone ceramic hone. (Of course the other very cool Canadian spot to shop for knives and sharpening supplies and other very nifty items is Knifewear, great people there)



In the meantime, I have been busy, here is a well used Naniwa Chosera 400 grit stone beside the new one I just got from Paul's Finest. Now the one on the right is the Professional series so it was never as thick as the one on the left but still, you  can see it is well loved.

I spent a good part of the day yesterday at a beautiful restaurant called Le Caveau in the Valley, a fantastic location with a winery too.


So, thanks for hanging in there, I plan to have my video up sometime this week.


Respectfully
Peter Nowlan

No comments:

Post a Comment