Friday 6 November 2015

Miscellaneous but cool stuff

Yesterday I tried something a little different.

I sharpened two Zero Tolerance folders with two techniques, one with the Edge Pro Professional (black blade) and the one on the left by hand. I used the same type and grit stones.
Naniwa Chosera 400, 1k and 3k.

At the end, they both had a very nice polish but the EP bevel had a slightly higher level in my opinion. In terms of sharpness, I had to give that to the one I freehanded but they were both quite satisfactory.

Both very enjoyable to sharpen and not difficult.


I use a lot of water when I am polishing the bevels, I make sure that there is not grit particles on the knife that could scratch the bevels.  These were sharpened at 23 degrees, well the EP one was, I did the other freehand but I'm sure it was close to that.

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment