Thursday 16 June 2016

Under Pressure



    A while back I started doing something a little different in my sharpening process and that small change resulted in much improved edges, for me anyway.

    I have long been a huge advocate of manipulating pressure to really work the stones and get the edge clean and over time I understood that my spending more time with each stone and especially the coarse stone enhanced the "cleaning" process of the edge, the removal of all metal, as close to that as I can get anyway.

The article was posted on Knifeplanet so I can only provide the link here. I noticed a couple of typos in it so I apologize for that but if you can get through it, it may work for you as well. It is easy and adds no time to the process. Even if it does, no big deal right.



This works for me


Thank you for looking and reading.


No comments:

Post a Comment