Saturday 10 June 2017

Strop Care

Hi,

     I really love leather strops, I don't load the leather with anything. I load nano cloth strops with compounds but not the leather. I'm not suggesting that there is anything wrong with loading leather strops but I alway find that after a while they just seem dirty, not so with Nano Cloth.

    I do nick the soft leather though and in a recent post I talked about how I repair the rough spots with fine sandpaper, 800 or1,000 grit. I have not tried 600 grit but I will. However, it leaves the surface a little whiter than it was so I started thinking of ways to rejuvenate the surface of the strops.
 
   I did a lot of research and came up with these two products as always getting very high scores in consumer ratings. Of course these are for leather car seats or any leather so the strops fit into that category.

These are the best leather care products that I have ever used, I got them both off of Amazon Canada for about $70.00 taxes in. I could have just got one of them, the Leather Honey for example and would be happy. They are top notch products. So I use the sandpaper, clean the surface and then use the conditioner.


    Nano Cloth seems impervious to nicks so that is something you don't need to worry about.



Just some random pictures below.


 This picture was used to discuss a Father's Day present, instead of the usual golf balls, get his knives sharpened.

Until next time
Peter Nowlan


No comments:

Post a Comment